Thursday, May 13, 2010

SharePoint Approval workflow restart on Edit Item

This is a very old and very common requirement. But after working on SharePoint since last 3 years this is the first time I came around with such problem and it is very surprising for me as well that why I never came across such problme in past.

1. I never came across such requirement
2. HotFix is already installed on the servers.

Problem Statement

I have one Document Library called : Company News, I have attached a sequential workflow with Approval and Publisher group with On Add and Edit items. Now whenever a new item is created in document library it starts the workflow and approver approves it.

Once approver approve the item, it goes to publisher being asequential workflow for their approver. But since publisher is also approving the item, it is still showing an item as InProgress.

Solution

Download the HotFix from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;955586

No comments: